(5) Chilkat ActiveX Dependencies
The Chilkat ActiveX is written in Visual C++. It is compiled and linked using Visual Studio 2008, which corresponds to VC9.
- The only dependency is that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package must be installed.
- On most computers, the VC++ 2008 redist is already present.
- If using the 32-bit ActiveX, install the 32-bit VC9 redist from Microsoft.
- If using the 64-bit ActiveX, install the 64-bit VC9 redist from Microsoft.
- If the redist is not installed, the typical error is "application configuration is incorrect".
- How does one automate the VC++ redist install if needed? This question is answered on Page 7 of this tutorial.
ActiveX Registration Tutorial - Page 4
ActiveX Registration Tutorial - Page 6
Privacy Statement. Copyright 2000-2022 Chilkat Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
(Regarding the usage of the Android logo) Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms
described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Software APIs, modules, components, and libraries for Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android™, Solaris, MinGW, ...