Chilkat Java Socket/SSL/TLS Component
Chilkat Java Library Downloads for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and MAC OS X
Java Socket Examples
The Chilkat socket component/library provides a high-level, easy-to-use API for TCP/IP socket programming. It supports creating secure channels w/ TLS 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, and SSL 3.0. Both client-side and server-side SSL/TLS is supported, including the use and verification of digital certificates. (Digital certificates are typically optional on the client-side of a secure connection.) May be used in combination with the Chilkat Diffie-Hellman component to create custom secure channels. Provides the ability to convert already-open connections to secure connections or back. Provides asynchronous methods for sending and receiving asynchronously. Includes easy-to-use DNS lookup methods.
Socket Component Features
- SSL/TLS and non-SSL/TLS programming is identical.
- Progress monitoring and abort capability for SSL and non-SSL connections.
- Asynchronously accept connections.
- Asynchronously intiate connection.
- Asynchronously send data.
- Asynchronously receive data.
- DNS Lookup (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Examine server-certificate for SSL connections.
- Optionally use client-certificate for SSL connections.
- Implements both server-side and client-side for SSL.
- Receive strings or byte data on TCP/IP sockets.
- Receive until match.
- Receive until byte.
- Receive until CRLF.
- Heartbeat events for "alive" status.
- Session logging.
- Automatic charset conversion (if desired) when sending/receiving strings.
- Build HTTP request in-memory
- SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxy support.
- HTTP proxy support.
- Thread safe.
Statement. Copyright 2000-2017 Chilkat
Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
(Regarding the usage of the Android logo) Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons
3.0 Attribution License.
Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Software components and libraries for Linux, MAC OS X, iOS, Android™, Solaris, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD, MinGW
Azure, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server, 2008 Server, etc.