Chilkat Excel Class Modules
for 32-bit Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 on Windows
Note: This supports 32-bit Excel only. The Chilkat ActiveX may alternatively be used for both 32-bit and 64-bit Excel. There are separate 32-bit and 64-bit Chilkat ActiveX downloads. Using the ActiveX requires regsvr32 ActiveX DLL registration, whereas using this Excel class module does not. Also, the object creation and method call/property access syntax is different when using the ActiveX.
- Download and unzip to any directory.
- Copy the ChilkatVba.dll to a directory listed in your PATH environment variable. This allows for Excel to find and load the DLL.
Note: The Chilkat Vba.dll is NOT an ActiveX DLL. It does not need to be registered.
Click here for more help about the PATH environment variable.
- The Sample.xlsm workbook provides a working example of using a Chilkat class module in Excel. It does so by referencing the Chilkat.xlsm. Users already familiar with Excel VBA programming can open it and see the code. It demonstrates this Excel JSON example code.
Adding a Reference to Chilkat.xlsm
Do the following to add a reference to Chilkat.xlsm
- Open your Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook.
- Click on the "Developer" Tab.
- Launch the Visual Basic Editor by clicking on the Visual Basic icon in the toolbar (leftmost position) or press ALT+F11.
- In the Visual Basic Editor menu, select "Tools-->References..."
- In the popup dialog, click the "Browse..." button.
- In the "Files of type" dropdown, select "Microsoft Office Excel Files (*.xlsm ...)"
- Browse to the Chilkat.xlsm and add the reference.